- Why Service With Us? - back to list
- It’s a fact: No one knows your Toyota vehicle like Acadia Toyota. Our factory-trained technicians lead the industry with superior skill, knowledge, dedication and workmanship. Trust your Toyota to the dealer you can trust. Acadia Toyota. Scheduling your service appointments has never been so easy. Book online and we take care of the rest. No that’s worry free. We are also happy to offer you shuttle services to get you to and from home or work while your vehicle is being serviced.
- Maintenance Tips - back to list
- Worn brake parts. Postponing needed brake service, in addition to being a safety hazard, can escalate the cost of a braking system overhaul.If your brakes squeak, grind, pulsate or if the pedal is too low get them checked right away!Worn wiper blades. Don't wait for a rainy day to replace worn blades.Burned out lights. Can you see and be seen? Check all your lights regularly to be sure.Clogged filters. Scheduled replacement of air, oil, gas, fuel, transmission and other filters extend car life and improve performance.Worn spark plugs. Worn plugs waste gas and increase exhaust emissions. They also cause the poor engine performance.Corroded battery cables. Corroded cables and a weak battery cause starting trouble. Have battery and charging system checked if the engine turns over slowly.Glazed belts, deteriorating hoses. A slipping belt can affect engine cooling, alternator, power steering, and air conditioner. Replace worn belts before they let you down. Brittle or rotten cooling system hoses can lead to overheating. Others, such as vacuum and power steering hoses, hinder performance and safety.Neglected cooling system. Periodic servicing of the cooling system helps prevent deterioration of radiator or heater core.Leaking shock absorbers. Worn shocks or struts affect ride control and shorten tire life.Damaged CV joint boots. These rubber boots protect the critical CV joints that deliver power to your wheels. They should be inspected regularly and replaced as needed.Leaking muffler. Have your car put on a lift occasionally to check the muffler and other parts of the exhaust system.Worn tires. Worn tires are dangerous. Proper inflation, alignment and balance will extend tire life and decrease fuel consumption.Seasonal Service TipsPreparing your car for the winterWhen winter approaches there are some basic things you must do to make sure your vehicle remains reliable and safe.
Have your cooling system cleaned and flushed. Fill with new antifreeze.
1. A thorough cooling system check will include a leak test. This is where they put the system under pressure and visually look for leaks. Ask you mechanic to do this, in the event it is not part of his regular cooling system service.
2. Make sure that all your radiator and heater hoses are also checked. If any of them show signs of cracking, rotting or softness replace them even if they're not leaking yet.
3. Check all fan belts for cracks or wear. Replace if necessary.
4. Check your windshield wipers for wear. Clear vision is imperative for safe driving in Maritime winters. Ensure your wipers perform their best before hitting the road. Replace if needed.
5. Have your brakes and tires checked. Replace any worn parts in the brakes and any worn tires.
6. Also make sure your spare has air in it and you know how to safely use your jack and lug wrench.
7. Make sure your heater, defroster and rear defogger are working properly.
8. Have your battery and charging system checked for optimum performance. Don't take any chances here.
9. Carry emergency equipment on board your vehicle, including jumper cables, flash light, extra batteries, flares, a shovel, first aid kit, basic hand tools, blankets and if at all possible a cell phone.
10. And don't forget to keep plenty of gas and windshield washer fluid in your vehicle.
- Proper and Timely Maintenance Preserves Your Warranty: - back to list
- Your new vehicle is protected by a factory warranty. However, the manufacturer does have the right to deny warranty coverage if you fail to service your vehicle at the factory-recommended mileage intervals. We will maintain your vehicle and keep copies of service records, adhering to the factory-recommended service guidelines. Additional service to your vehicle may be recommended by our service advisors.